The Australian spatial industry is at risk of missing key growth opportunities. To address this, SIBA and the CRCSI are leading a team developing the 2026 Spatial Industry Transformation and Growth Agenda, which aims to transform and realise the potential of the local spatial industry and to see it recognised as an underpinning element of the Australian digital economy.
The 2026Agenda team is formed by Phil Delaney (CRCSI) and Eva Rodriguez (CRCSI and SIBA). A working group has formed to help to coordinate the activities. Membership of this group is expected to change over time to reflect the evolving nature of the 2026Agenda.
Current members of the working group are currently:
- Jodi Cant – CEO, Landgate
- Glenn Cockerton – Chair, Spatial Industries Business Association (SIBA) (Co-Chair Working Group)
- Steve Jacoby – Executive Director Land and Spatial Information, Queensland Government
- Peter Leihn – Director, Business Development and Commercialisation, Data61 (CSIRO)
- Leah Moss – Leader | Environment and Spatial, Data61 (CSIRO)
- Stuart Minchin – Chief of Division Environmental Geoscience, Geoscience Australia
- Duncan McIntyre – Assistant Secretary, Public Data, Prime Minister and Cabinet (PM&C)
- Stuart Phinn – Convenor, Australian Earth Observation Community Coordination Group and Director, Remote Sensing Research Centre, University of Queensland
- Peter Woodgate – CEO, CRC for Spatial Information (CRCSI) (Co-Chair Working Group)